Thursday, April 4, 2013

Product Review 2: Mediceuticals Scalp Therapy




 The second review of the Mediceuticals Scalp Therapy kit is now due, where I will look at hair growth, loss and overall condition. if you haven’t read my previous post you can read it here but in a nutshell it is a daily hair treatment to help rejuvenate my hair and get it growing, properly.

I have being using the mediceuticals products religiously for about 8 weeks now and I can honestly say I am seeing a difference in my hair, nothing big yet, but small changes are good changes. In my first post I mentioned that the Follicle Stimulator was leaving my hair feeling and looking greasy so I decided to cut down on the usage to about 3/4 times a week. I still only need to use a small amount of the shampoo and conditioner and despite the bottles exploding somewhat on my flight to Paris I still have over half of the bottle left!

When I very first started using the products I had my hair trimmed the day before so 8 weeks later have I noticed a difference in hair growth?

I have noticed my hair has actually grown a lot quicker than it usually does. I don’t have a particular hairstyle, but how I tend to measure my hair growth by my side fringe I had cut in about 5 years ago which I have left to sort of grow out. My hair normally grows quite quickly (after a trim) to the length it was prior to having a trim and then growth slows down once the hair has reached my jaw line and doesn’t grow much further. Since using Mediceuticals, the hair where my side parting/fringe falls grew to a faster rate and considerably further past my jaw line. So I am very pleased with this.

Have I noticed a changed in hair loss?

From using the scalp therapy pack I have also noticed when washing my hair there is a significantly less amount of hair falling out when shampooing and conditioning. Now, I don’t have a lot of hair on my head, before I would see strand after strand falling out into my hands and down the drain now I am losing a lot less – sorry I don’t have exact numbers here guys! But all in all it’s pretty amazing, so I definitely think Mediceuticals is working and is having some sort of impact on hair loss.

What about the condition of my hair?

Overall the condition of my hair is O.K. my hair is prone to breakages and I still experiencing a lot of breakages still so I don’t think the Scalp Therapy pack is aiding in the overall condition of my hair, so I haven’t seen a great improvement there. I have decided to use a conditioning treatment by Macadamia twice week to help improve the condition. However, Mediceutals cater to all kinds of problems with hair. They have ‘Healthy Hair Solutions’ pack which is specifically formulated for dry, damaged, fine fragile and thinning hair so I think I’m going to put that on my next ‘To Try’ list.

I am going to write another post in another couple of months to review any further progress, so fingers crossed I will continue to see even better results! I hope you’ve found this review update just as helpful.

Let me know your thoughts

 

1 comment:

  1. Thx! Here i am experiencing the same problem and use the products now. Hoping to get some results soon. Please, keep me posted! Greetz , Saskia

    ReplyDelete